When we are writing our curriculum vitae, there a number of things we should include.
1. Personal Information: name, address, telephone number, email, etc.
2. Education and Qualifications: your degree, university and/or completed studies
3. Professional Experience: a list of jobs in chronological order, beginning with your current job
4. Skills: languages, computer skills, organizational abilities, etc.
Note: Be sure to use active verbs, such as “developed,” “planned” and “organized”. Also include your skills, such as “working in a team”, “tactfully dealing with complaining customers,” “highly organized”, etc.
Sample Curriculum Vitae
100 Sweet Lane
BA in Tourism Management, June 2008
Florida International University
Microsoft Office Course, May – August 2006
Computer Courses International, Miami, FL
Travel Agent, September 2010 – Present
Florida Family Vacation, Miami, FL
- Book vacations for families and international groups with adults and children
- Develop travel itineraries, working with partner companies and hotels to offer custom packages
- Design promotional materials and up-date the company website
- Train new staff in company policies and procedures
Hotel Receptionist, June 2008 – August 2010
Sunny Hotel, Naples, FL
- Handled check-in and check-out of guests in a friendly manner
- Dealt with advanced reservations, took bookings and fulfilled particular requirements
- Operated the switchboard, messages and enquires
- Prepared the case for bank delivery at the end of the shift
Waitress, June – August 2007
Fisherman’s Catch Restaurant, Miami, FL
- Served customers in a friendly manner
- Explained the menu and the daily specials
- Served at special events of up to 200 guests
- Trained new wait staff
- Languages: English [native], Spanish [advanced], French [intermediate]
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, Windows 98/XP, Expert Hotelier and website design